Container Moving Specialists
We are one of the most trustable Moving Containers Companies in the US. We arer a 5 Star Heavy Haulers expert company nationwide and overseas.
Moving Containers with a Trustable Heavy Equipment Shipper Company
You might have seen moving containers around town. They are exactly what they sound like: containers that you can load with your belongings and transport to your new home. Moving shipping containers are popular because they give you more flexibility than traditional movers. You don’t have to move all your belongings at once but can pack and load the container at your own pace. You can also store the container on your property until you are ready to move it.
Moving containers, then, are simply large, reusable containers that can be used to move your belongings from one location to another. In most cases, these containers are made from metal and are about the size of a small truck or a van. Most moving containers have wheels, which makes it easier for professional moving containers companies to easily load and unload them.
If you’re planning a move, you may want to consider container moving rather than hiring a traditional moving company. Renting moving shipping containers is generally less expensive than hiring full-service moving containers companies. If your move is delayed for any reason, you may be able to store the container on your property until you’re ready to move it to your new home.
There are, however, some downsides to moving shipping containers. They can be difficult to maneuver, and if you’re not careful, you could end up damaging your possessions. However, if you’re willing to do some research and willing to hire professional container packers, if necessary, then renting a container may be a great option for your next move.
What Exactly are Shipping Moving Containers?
While moving containers come in a variety of sizes, they all share a few features. In most cases, they are made of steel, weatherproof, and come with keys and locks. Moving container companies deliver secure containers because they can be completely sealed shut from the top or the sides.
As for capacity, most moving shipping containers can hold enough furniture for a small furnished apartment or two rooms. A larger container can hold furniture for three to four rooms. You may need more than one container moving trip to accommodate all your belongings, depending on the available sizes.
3 Good Reasons for Container Moving
Container moving when relocating into a new home or office have many benefits, such as the fact that they are cost-effective, simplify the moving process, and allow easy access to your stuff.
Moving shipping containers are generally inexpensive
There are many possible scenarios on how a shipping container can save you money.
Here’s one example:
Let’s say you’re moving into a new house. It won’t be possible to fit all your furniture and appliances in your new place immediately so you will need a temporary place to store it until you have settled in. For instance, you might want to paint the walls and unpack all your boxes before you bring all the furniture and appliances into the house. You will need to store some of your heavy items in a secure place until you are ready to arrange them in the house.
You could rent a truck to make a few trips back and forth between your new place and a self-storage facility. However, if you must pay for gas and miss a few days of work, it might not be worth it. Alternatively, you could rent a container and have it delivered to your new house and parked on the property or out on the street. Once you’re done unloading it, which may take a few weeks, the container company can pick it up. This arrangement of storing all the things you plan to move into the house until you are ready to move it all in is much cheaper and more convenient than renting a truck and using a self-storage facility.
Moving shipping containers can make complicated moves easier
Moving can be stressful and complicated if you’re in the middle of it. It always seems like there isn’t enough time or help. Using containers that can serve as both storage and moving containers can make your move easier. Packing up your belongings ahead of time allows you to have fewer things to worry about on moving day.
In addition, you can store the containers in your new home until you’re ready to unpack them. When your new place isn’t quite ready for all of your stuff, this can come in handy. If you’re looking to simplify your move, you can use containers for two different purposes: first, as a place to temporarily store your belongings; and second, as a way to move them from your old house to your new one.
Easy access to your belongings
Additionally, container moving allows you to have easy access to your belongings. This is feasible because many moving container companies will let you store the container on your own property or in a street parking spot. It’s a great option if you’re short on space in your house but still need easy access to your belongings. Keep in mind, however, that you should always padlock up all the doors or openings in the container. Otherwise, your belongings may be damaged by the elements or stolen.
How Shipping Moving Containers Work
For those who want a little more control over their move, moving containers are an excellent choice.
In general, moving shipping containers work like this: You pack and load your belongings into the container. The company will then pick up the container and transport it to your new home. After the container arrives at your new location, you can unload your belongings at your own pace. After the empty container has been picked up, the company will return to its facility.
Using this type of service is convenient because it gives you more control over the packing and moving process. There is no need to rent a truck or hire movers – everything is taken care of for you. You can simply leave the container in your new place until you’re ready to unpack.
Container Moving for Storage
If you’re thinking about container moving for storage, here are a few things you should know.
- Month-to-month contracts. Most moving container companies offer month-to-month contracts, so you’re not locked into a long-term contract. You can do this if you only need storage for a brief period or if you’re not sure how long you’ll need it. Generally, month-to-month contracts are more flexible, so you can usually find one that fits your budget. A downside of month-to-month storage contracts is that they can be more expensive than longer-term contracts. Consequently, if you know you’ll need storage for several months or longer, you might want to shop around for the best container company with the lowest price.
- You won’t need a truck. Many moving container companies can easily start shipping moving containers to your door, so you don’t need to rent a truck. Besides helping with a move, containers can also be used if you’re simply decluttering and need a place to put things while you’re reorganizing your house. So, whether you are moving or trying to clear some space, consider using a storage company to make your life easier.
- It makes packing easier. It can be challenging to pack for a move but container moving can make it easier. Pack the container at your leisure, and then the storage company will pick it up and store it for you. If you have a lot of things to pack, this can be helpful for you since you can pack over time. Additionally, shipping moving containers can protect your belongings. A sealed container will ensure that your items are protected from the elements and won’t be damaged during transport. Because of these advantages, moving shipping containers can make your move much easier and less stressful.
- Containers can be parked in the street. If you want to park a storage container in the street, you need to get a permit from your municipal government. The permit will specify how long you can park the container in a street parking space. There are different types of permits, depending on the municipality, but they are generally called Right-of-Way (ROW) Permits, Street Occupancy Permits, Oversized Vehicle Permits, or Street Use Permits. Check with your local government to find out which type of permit you need and how to apply for it. In most cases, you can apply for the permit online.
Where You Can Find Moving Storage Containers
For those who want a little more control over their move, moving storage containers are a terrific option. By doing your research ahead of time, you can make sure you get the best deal on your move.
If you’re considering using a container company, there are two things to keep in mind:
- Make sure you work with a reputable company. U-Haul’s U-Boxes, U-Pack’s ReloCubes, and 1-800-PACK-RAT are some of the well-known moving container companies that offer moving storage containers.
- Second, be sure to get an estimate of the cost of the move before you decide. Pricing will depend on factors such as the size of the container, the distance of the move, and others. Make sure you read the fine print of your contract before you sign it.
What You Can and Cannot Pack in Shipping Moving Containers
All full-service movers have certain rules about what you cannot pack, even though you can put almost anything in shipping moving containers.
Here are a few rules to keep in mind:
- You can’t pack flammable items, such as paint or gasoline.
- You can’t pack hazardous materials, such as cleaners with corrosive chemicals.
- You can’t pack plants when moving across state lines because of the state restrictions on non-native plants.
- You also can’t pack perishable refrigerated fares, such as eggs or milk.
- You can’t pack valuables, such as jewelry or family heirlooms.
If you have any questions about what you can and cannot pack in your container, be sure to ask your mover for guidance.
Packing Assistance Is Available Upon Request
A labor-only moving company can provide an extra set of hands — or rather, an extra set of backs and legs — to help with the heavy lifting (literally). After you provide the rental truck or storage container, they will load it up. When you are ready to unload at your new home, they will take care of that as well.
Hiring a labor-only mover has another major advantage — you do not have to drive the container or oversized truck; somebody else does it for you. If you’re pressed for time, you can even hand off the task of packing everything up (and then unpacking it at the new location).
Before choosing a company, it’s crucial to obtain quotes from several different moving storage containers companies. Before signing anything, make sure you understand exactly what services they offer and what their rates are. Hiring a labor-only mover can make your life a lot easier — and take a lot of the stress out of moving.
How to Decide on the Best Company for Your Move
Moving can be stressful. Besides packing up all your belongings and moving them to your new home safely, you also need to find a reputable and affordable moving company. Here are three strategies to do it:
Do your due diligence
A little research will help you find a reputable moving company that will make your relocation quicker and easier. When choosing a company, reading reviews and comparing prices is the first step. Another thing you will have to research is exactly what is and isn’t included in the quote. Some moving container companies, for instance, charge extra for stairs, long distances, or fuel. Also, make sure to ask about surcharges for things like credit card usage and sizable items that need to be disassembled. Additionally, get everything in writing before you sign a contract. That way, there will be no surprises on moving day. Consequently, if something goes wrong, you will have a paper trail to back up your claims.
Get moving estimates from multiple moving container companies
This is the best way to make sure you’re getting the best deal. Since moving container companies are not all the same, you should find one that fits both your budget and your needs. Be sure to ask about packing, storage, and insurance when you get estimates.
You can get moving estimates in a few diverse ways. For example, one way is to contact moving storage containers companies individually directly by phone or email. Another way is to use an online moving estimate tool on a directory website. With moving estimator tools, you can enter your moving details and get multiple quotes from moving containers companies at once. It is a wonderful way to save time and get an overview of the moving market. You should always get at least three estimates before choosing a moving company, so using a moving estimator tool ensures you’re making the smartest decisions.
How much does it cost to move a container ship?
The average cost of moving a container shipment domestically is $3,000. Depending on size and distance, most moving containers companies charge an average of $820 to $5,850. To determine the cost of moving a container ship, contact a shipping company.
How much does a 16 ft pod cost?
You’re probably wondering how much it will cost to rent a PODS unit for your next move or storage project. Rates for PODS containers start at $110 per month for a 12-foot container and $120 for a 16-foot container. Rates may vary depending on factors such as container availability, storage duration, and location. You may be charged a higher rate if you have to store your container for an extended period, for example. You may also be charged higher rates if you live in an area with limited PODS availability. This is why you should get a quote from PODS before you book your rental. As a result, you can be sure that you’re getting the best possible rate for your situation.
How much does a 20-foot shipping container cost?
The cost of a 20-foot shipping container usually ranges between $3,500 and $5,000. Prices vary depending on whether the container is new or used. New containers usually cost about $5,000, while used containers typically cost between $3,500 and $5,000. Shipping containers are great for transporting bulky items or groups of items. They can also be used to store items. A shipping container might be a good option for you if you need a place to store your things.
What is the moving container made of?
Most containers are made of a type of steel called weathering steel. Since this type of steel resists corrosion, it’s an excellent choice for storing things that will spend a lot of time outdoors exposed to the elements of sun, wind, and rain. Moving storage containers are also frequently made from aluminum, which has comparable properties. Although neither aluminum nor weathering steel is completely resistant to corrosion, both metals will be better able to withstand the elements than uncoated carbon steel.
Can the moving company help me load the container?
Most moving containers companies offer packing and loading services. If you request a quote, they will usually provide you with an estimate. They will pack your belongings into the container on the day of your move if you decide to use their services. Likewise, they will be able to help you maximize your space by tailoring the move to their container’s specifications. As a result, using a moving company’s packing and loading services can save you time and effort.
Can moving containers be transported overseas?
The answer is yes. This is the best way to ensure your move to a foreign country is as easy and convenient as possible. The following are some things to know about moving storage containers overseas:
- Ask your mover if they offer this service. Not all moving containers companies do.
- Determine the cost of shipping your particular container overseas. This will be determined by the size, weight, and distance of your container.
- Gather all the necessary documentation before the move. You’ll need things like a passport, visa, and proof of insurance.
- Expect delays. It takes longer than you might expect to move containers overseas, so be patient and don’t get stressed out about it.
- Prepare everything before the container arrives. This will make loading much easier and faster.
Is there anything that can’t be stored in a moving container?
You can keep your belongings safe during the move by storing them in a moving container. But there are some items that you should not store in a moving container because they are either toxic or hazardous. You should not store anything containing gasoline or gas (including empty gas bottles). Cleaning products that contain alcohol is another example. Solvents, corrosives, and paint are also prohibited. Whenever you’re unsure whether something is safe to store in a moving container, it’s always a clever idea to err on the side of caution and leave it out.
CONCLUSION: A SIMPLE, EFFECTIVE SYSTEM TO MAKE MOVING MUCH EASIER
A moving container is, in essence, a large, steel box that can be delivered to your door and loaded with your belongings. You can then pack and load the container at your leisure, and when you’re finished, the company will come and pick it up and deliver it to your new home. Most moving containers companies that provide this service have a wide selection of container shapes and sizes, so you can choose one that fits your needs. Because you don’t have to rent a truck or drive long distances, a moving container can be a convenient way to relocate.
Additionally, when you’re moving, you may be wondering what happens if you need to retrieve your belongings occasionally while the move is in progress. The good news is that most moving containers companies will deliver your moving container close to your new home or office, so you are always near your stored belongings. In other words, you won’t have to worry about getting your belongings back from the storage company — the company will bring the container right to you to make it easy for you to get what you need when you need it. Be sure to ask about delivery fees before you sign up for storage services since this service likely comes with a fee.